Tuesday, February 9, 2010

HOW DID IT GET TO BE FEBRUARY????????

  Last post jan. 20th !!! Where have I been ??   I know when you live alone, retired, and no real schedule, alot of time can either drag our just get lost.  There are days with to do list that make me feel great when they all get checked of, and days that just run into another and I feel totally useless.           

   I have been quite concerned about my daughter who had the H1N1 virus. I did spend 3 days helping her with some house work, keeping her company and trying to keep my 8yr. old grandson from driving her crazy!  He is a great kid but--------when you are not feeling so great and can't do the Mom thing , well you get the picture!   Just starting to feel better she started to feel worse and was diagnosed with pneumonia. This morning she was on her way to the drug store to pick up her third round of antibiotics. Hope this does the trick!!!! This week she thinks she will be working from home half days.  Oh and I didn't mentioned that she had been giving her H1N1 vaccination before all this, makes you wonder huh!!!

    Somewhere just before my last posting we had a snow storm that left us with another 14inch on top of the 18 inches we already had on the ground. Then came the heavy rain, wind, and fog that melted away just about all the snow, but I am not going to complain because we have had sunny sky's since but windy and cold temp. The sun rise has changed it's position so much in the past weeks, and the sun is so much warmer and longer days means we are heading in the right direction!!!!Yaaaaaa!!!  I am trying not to get to into this weather b-e-c-a-u-s-e, I know there is alot more winter to come. 

    I have been taking advantage of this weather with less snow and frozen ground to bring wood into the basement from the wood shelter. The lawn tractor with the wagon hooked to it makes it much easier to bring more wood at a time than the wheelbarrow. I have been bringing in as much as this almost 66yr old women can and doing a great job at it "if I do say so myself'. Take that X-husband!! I could be using the oil furnace but much prefer the wood heat.  Sooooo Cozy!!  The kitty's prefer it to!

     Feeding my fine feathered friends, and perfecting the feeding stations takes up some of my time. Time that brings much pleasure an hours of enjoyment. There little what I  call " personality's" are so cute.


Here we have the common crow the most annoying bird !!

                                                                                           
But I must say that after that last snow back Jan.,he left the most beautful bird snow angel !!


This is the pilated woodpecker that frequents and has plans to annihilate the maple in the front yard!!!


I know it hard to make out that these are bohemian waxwings,and this only half the flook that was here yesterday.  I don't have one of those big fab cameras,but I have fun with my little one!!

     Well I guess I had a few things going in the past few week!!  It's a beautiful sunny day, temp's near 40 degree's, so I guess I had better get out and take advantage of this day!!!                         
       

 




                                                                                                                              
                                                                                          
                




    
      
           


2 comments:

  1. LOVE that bird "snow angel" picture. That is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to find the snow angel photo! I had one of those last month made by a hawk grabbing a bird, and had never seen one before. Yours is even deeper and easier to see the wing prints! Cool! Very nice photo.

    ReplyDelete