Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A sunset--A river walk--Beaver works--Odd signs--and Snow!!

This is the sunset on Monday evening absolutely beautiful!!!

   
       Tuesday morning Feb.16th beautiful sunrise,but snow was in the forecast for later in the day!!  Since it might be the last chance to get outside and be able to walk just about  anywhere without boots, around 11:30 I decided to take a short walk.  There was no wind and the sun was warm and it ended up being an hour and a half long walk.

      Something I wondered about this winter is that the river,that always freeze's over has not this year????The snowmobile's usually travel this river most of the winter -------but I guess you have figured out that this is not the case this year!!

        You have surely heard the saying -------Busy as a beaver well------busy ----is------the ----beaver---is whats going on here!!!!!!!I couldn't believe how many trees they have cut and just about cut down.  I believe someone ---or something should be hollaring ----timmmmm---berrrrrrrr----at any time in the near future!!   These are on the river bank, but a few years back they was cutting them across the road , and many times cars had to stop so mister or misses beaver ---don't no who does all the work in the family ---could finish hauling there lumber from the lumber yard to the river bank!!!  


Beaver's at work!!!



Wonder who his dentists is?????

      Moving along heading back,saw the big field across from the river was just about totally bear--no snow that is--so I decided that I would cross the field to make things interesting ---no traffic to deal with ----and there in the middle of the field I came across two signs-----guess I don't have to worry about this traffic either. Here they are!!!  Seeing the lack of snow---dog sled???---snowmobile???  I'M SAFE!!


      Well I managed to circle around the field and back onto the road that I live on.  Walked on by my place and ---goodness I haven't walked up here in awhile, so kept going !

       You sure can tell we are heading toward spring the roads become a mess!! This is what I encountered and------these signs don't even begin to say ---LOOKOUT----your about ready to loose the whole bottom of your car!!!!!!!!!





Looks like more than a bump................
Loks like it will be hard to plow .......snow coming tonight!!!!


The end to the beautiful day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that beaver considered that his choice of chewing angle was going to hang his prize up in the tree next to it! :)

    That sunset was gorgeous the other night.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunset is gorgeous with all that pink in it! I haven't seen any pretty ones for awhile. Wow..your beavers are definitely busy! It is interesting to see the pattern of how they cut them. I would like to watch one some time while he is doing it.

    ReplyDelete