Tuesday, March 24, 2015

~~Re~Use~Re~Purpose~~"It's For The Birds"


Last fall I was helping a friend clean out her mother's home.  I spied an item she put in a pile to go in the trash.
I said "I have an idea of a way to use this," plucked it out of the pile, and brought it home.

Literally it was for the birds!!  A three tiered hanging wire basket, originally made to hold fruit,veggies and etc. is now a suet feeder for the birds!  It has been a big hit with many suet loving birds.
Here to demonstrate are some of those feathered friends. : )

These photos are taken through the window, so far from great.


My Eastern Bluebirds where very cooperative, 
(top,and middle are females the bottom is a male) 
giving me a photo opportunity
 demonstration the whole basket. : )



"Female Eastern Bluebird in a snow storm".



"Black Capped Chickadee,on a sunny day"



"Northern Flicker"
 comfortable with his size in the bottom basket.



"The Blue Jay"
 who tends to be skid-dish even gave it a try"

There you have it, 
you never know.

  

32 comments:

  1. This is perfect. It would stop the pheasants and pigeons eating my suet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian... wow you have some big bird problems : )

      Delete
  2. Very clever and the birds seem quite happy with the set up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and the birds seem quite happy with the set up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea. Must look out for one of those in a charity shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret...yes that would be a good place to check! : )

      Delete
  5. re-using rocks. I loved those bluebirds...wish we had some of them in Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... sorry you don't have them,but Florida has some beauties!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks John... Hope you are enjoying the warm up !! : )

      Delete
  7. What a great idea. Your blue birds are so pretty. Thank you for sharing that great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea Grace........you now have me thinking hmmmm.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl... I can hear the hmmm... from here ; )

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen...I not sure about a genius, but I'll except that ! ; )

      Delete
  10. A wonderful idea that you've proved to be a success... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great use for the basket.I must keep my eyes open for something like this. I think I could find a place outside for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth.. Keep in mind while your looking that one size fits all ; )

      Delete
  12. What a great idea Grace! I can't beleive all the species that visited your fancy feeder : )
    This is truly a success!
    Thanks for sharing; I'm sure if one of your followers (on this blog) encounters one of these, he or she will do the same, I know I will!
    Have a nice weekend and take care, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it...makes me want one--Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, this is so wonderful! I love it! And, so there's that Northern flicker! I still haven't seen one yet this year, nor a northern mockingbird! Perhaps I should come visit you again?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kathie... Now are you sure you want to come here. ; ) Your welcome anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT idea!!!! and the birds think so too!

    ((not sure where Mac Wheeler lives in FL...but we DO have those bluebirds in north central FL. and i've even got some pic to prove it! :) ))

    ReplyDelete
  17. That makes for a great feeder! The best part is you won't feel bad throwing it away if it gets too dirty since it was headed for the garbage can anyway. Love the bluebirds in your last post!! Wish we had them here.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great re-purposing, Grace. That first show of the 3 bluebirds was my favorite today.

    ReplyDelete