I probably spend way to much time watching my feathered friends, especially when I put dialogue to there actions. I just know I am not the only one who does this!!! : )
I love having the Eastern Bluebirds here at my feeding spot on the deck, where I feed them mealy worms all winter. They are a group of 8 to 9 which I call my Babies. When I open the door to feed them that's what I say"Where are the Babies", and they show up. I don't put the mealy worms out if they don't come because it seems the European Starlings like them. If you have them around your feeders you know what they are like!
Anyway back to the theme....
Eastern Bluebird say's~~~
"WATCH" "I can stand on this wire with one leg."
" I just need to get a little... "BALANCE"... going here"...
"STEADY"..."STEADY"...
"TA-DA" I did it!!
"Whooop's" I lost it!!
"I can do that again"...
just need to get my.....
"BALANCE"....
"WELL" ... "I told you I could", even if it was just once!! : )
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteThis post made me laugh. The words you chose for each photo are so funny. : )
You are very lucky to have these birds around, they are so beautiful.
It has been snowing almost all day here but my husband heard the Song Sparrow and March 21 is the first Spring day so, who can complain... It has been a very cold winter here and spring will be welcome for everyone I think.
I hope you are well and that you will keep blogging because you have "the touch", if I may say. : )
Take care,
Louise
Thanks so much Louise, you always leave an encouraging comment. <3
DeleteYes it has been very cold and snowy, yesterday was a close call for us here. That storm missed us whew!! A Song Sparrow would be nice. I have only seen the Red Winged Blackbird for Spring birds, hope to see more soon.
Wonderful series of shots of this beautiful Bluebird and hilarious commentary, Grace.
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret : )
DeleteNo you are not the only one that does this lol I think all bird lovers do I know I do lol ! Fantastic photos ! Our Eastern Blue birds have just returned always the last ones to . Cute post , Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine, yes I know you are one of them ; ).
DeleteYour little birdies love you! They entertain you as a thank you for all the delicious mealy worms you feed them to help them through the grueling winter months.
ReplyDeleteAwww thanks Karen <3 yes they do. It helps the long winter be more tolerable : ).
Deletep.s. I got to meet your sister "Hollis" (not sure how it's spelled) this past Friday. : )
Maybe your next ???
She mentioned it just this morning! I still call her Holly, but she prefers to be called Hollis. I'm so glad my brother-in-law thought to mention that you might know me!
DeleteI'm smiling. Such sweet birds.Have a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed Ruth... Have a lovely Sunday!!
Deleteohhh...so pretty...and fun shots.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much : )
ReplyDeleteSome brilliant images GG, what a beautiful bird.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy... They are ,and make great fun to photograph. I enjoy them so much : )
DeleteHOW cute...lovely photos Grace!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sondra : )
DeleteSuch lovely images Grace. I love the dialogue, it gave life surprises us sometimes doesn't it.
ReplyDeleteI was in a similar situation a few years ago but have learnt to deal with it in my own way.
I shall hold you in my thoughts and prayers dear friend........soon the sun will shine and perhaps your spirit will lift a little.
Thanks Cheryl...one never knows. I appreciate your kind words,and thoughts <3
DeleteHI GG. Now you have birds that do fancy tricks uh? You always have to go just one better don't you?
ReplyDeleteBut it's good to hear from you after all this time, especially since I heard tell that you had gone into hibernation when all that extreme weather struck. Of course I knew better and suspected you were just biding your time, playing hard to get and keeping me in suspense.
I'm sure those Bluebirds know it's Spring - "Yipee" I can hear them shouting. Or is that you?
Take care, i'll be along again soon to see how you are doing without me.
Thanks Phil...Yes I am getting real good at it,so you better get with the game ; )
DeleteI'm going to try to stay with posting.
Lovely birds to see Grace... so glad to see your blogging again.
ReplyDeleteHugs Andrew xx
Thanks Andrew...hope I can keep at it : )
DeleteThanks John : )
ReplyDeleteHa, ha! Very funny!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathie : )
ReplyDeleteYou have quite an acrobatic bluebird friend, Grace. Your photos and captions were terrific and very entertaining too.
ReplyDelete