It is Thursday again?? ...Yikes!! Good grief ..I can't believe how fast time goes by when your not having fun!!
I have been laying low "literally" for the past 3 days, from a headache that put my stomach in a swirl every time I lifted my head..ugh!! Probably aftermath from dealing with those darn construction people!! : }
Well finally that front door is fixed , it was one excuse after another! The door fits tight, and the trim looks so much better, it is just a shame they didn't do it right in the first place!!
Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments to stand up for myself, this one is over,but I am not done yet..grrrrr!
So feeling better today I did get some time in with the camera in the backyard!!
Here's what's out there!!
Cute fuzzy fella ...I think his name should be Spike : }
I think he is the one that can deliver a bad bite
from stinger's that causes a bad rash
if he lands on your bare skin!
Plenty of Cabbage White Butterflies around , and they are taking advantage of my
still blooming flowers!!
A Praying Mantis...with "attitude" : }
They are so fascinating!!
Can you see me now??
Still Cherry Tomatoes , but for how much longer I don't know !!
I did pick all the ripe ones : }!!
A lot of color is popping up fast!!
Caps of the Acorn nuts from the Oak tree...I bet the squirrel has been here!!
The new feeder with Goldfinches and House Finches!!
Bittersweet berries soon will be orange!!
I wasn't sure how I felt about the caged type feeder, but so far the birds don't seem to care
and the Gray Squirrel hasn't been able to get in...so far!!
Never underestimation the wildly ways of the Grey Squirrel!! ; }
This Red Petunia is still blooming, and a bright spot in the garden!!
The Hummingbirds loved these this summer!! I hadn't seen a Hummingbird for a few weeks
until today. One dropped by for refueling on his migration I would imagine!!
Great news...you have a fully functioning door.
ReplyDeleteThe praying mantis is a little gem.
What a haven of loveliness right on your back door step... I have fell in love with nasturtiums growing them for the first time this year, the leaves were so cute when they first came up in their pots.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that your door problem is over now. What a relief. I get the same kind of headaches, it is an awful feeling. On the brighter side you are feeling better and I loved the images you captured. The caterpillar, praying mantis, lovely flowers and cabbage white are all beautiful. I wish you a HAPPY weekend!
ReplyDeleteLovely images GG. I really like the butterfly shot.
ReplyDeleteThe tomatoes like very nice.
Problems in life are abundant. I hope that those headaches don't come too often,I know what they are all about.I love all the beauty still around.Maybe I will have to invest in one of those caged feeders to keep the squirrel at bay.
ReplyDeleteenjoyed every one of these photos. a sense of calm came through. :)
ReplyDeleteSO glad you got the door fixed properly! yay for YOU!
Sorry about the headache, but glad to hear the door is fixed. Will have to go back and catch up...I'm behind as usual. I love that caterpillar! So pretty! Any idea what it becomes? Your photos are full of Autumn. It seems to be coming quickly now.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Fall images. :) I especially like that fuzzy fellow up there.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images Grace I love "Spike" and the Mantis.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear your door is sorted.. lets hope you have some peace for a while.
Hugs Drew xx
ooooohh grace, i am soooo happy you are feeling better and that you were able to walk around the gardens, camera in hand!!
ReplyDeleteyou get quite the crowd at that new feeder, even on the bluest of days those little birdies bring a big smile to my face!!
we are lucky girls, to have and appreciate all the beautiful things around us!! have a joyful weekend!!
Glad the door is sorted Grace.
ReplyDeleteAll happening in the garden.
The cage feeder is like the one I got today, to try and stop the squirrels here.
So far so good :-)
So many beautiful images to remind us that autumn is coming closer.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, beautiful set of images.
ReplyDeleteThat Praying Mantis looks interesting I could spend hours photographing him..lol.
Glad to hear that your door is now fit for purpose (just in time for winter..lol) and I hope it doesn't give you any more headaches.
Have a great weekend...[;o)
Fantastic images, all set for you and play mates, the mantis is beautiful. Cheers Grace.
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian : }
ReplyDeleteThank you Deb..One of my standby's the Nasturtium! : }
Thanks Eileen : }
Thanks you Roy : }
Thanks Ruth.Yes it is a bumpy road!! : }
Thanks Teresa : }
Thanks Mary..no I don't of hand know the Caterpillar, but he is cute!! : }
Thanks Lois : }
Thank You Andrew..you like Spike Huh! : }
Thank You Debbie...birdie's are great for putting a smile on your face : }
Thanks Keith..hope that feeder works for ya!!: }
Thank You Susan! : }
Thanks Trevor..Ya I watched that Mantis for quite some time ..interesting critters : }
Glad the door problem was resolved before cold weather comes, Grace. Also hope you are feeling better. Enjoyed today's photos and you more goldfinch than we have at our feeders,which are also cage types and an open flat feeder which they all really like.
ReplyDeleteWell done in getting the door fixed Grace. I'll bet it was the threat of Phil hanging over them which did the trick. Or maybe it was your steely determination and gritted teeth? Good to see you out and about and finding lots of creatures to photograph, especially young Spike and your new squirrel proof feeders. There was a real frost here yesterday which makes a change from all the wet and wind from the Atlantic. So wrap up warm Grace it could be your turn next. Happy Snapping.
ReplyDeleteGlad your headache was enough better that you were able to take a tour around your yard with your camera. That always helps to make things better, and you got some lovely shots too!
ReplyDeleteGreat catch of the mantis
ReplyDelete