Today was the day that the new front entry door and storm door was finally going to be corrected, because of a poor installation, "one" of the many redo's that was in the process of being hopefully completed!
I am one who is easily intimated when I feel that I have been wronged, and have to say something about it!!
I usually get discouraged, and disappointed in myself , because I am not able to say anything... then I am in a depressed mood!
This is the Bashful Angel in my Rose garden, with the Morning glories moving in on her!!
Somewhat the way I was feeling!!
Just something pretty !!!
So actually the title of my last post was not a good description, because when I think about it, crappy is one letter short of scrappy, and I was far from feeling that at the time , but I think you got the point from the photos!! Thanks for all your sweet comments..such a wonderful blog family you are : }!
This one is for Phil..he said He wanted a bird in my next post!! : }
So back to the doors'...when I found that the new storm door had about a half inch gap on the bottom where I could see outside I was discouraged, "now what do I do" !! I payed extra to have a good storm door to keep out the weather not to have it blow inside!!
"What"...you have got to be kidding, we'll sing you a song (My cheering section) : }!!
My Frog friends (just a few of them..I believe there is about twenty) who made there
home in my little pond in the garden!
A neighbor who had done carpenter work in past stopped by, and thought that is was a lousy installation , and I should tell them ...anxiety kicks in ..eeeks!!
It took about a week for me to get up the nerve to confront them..."Oh you can get a strip that you can add to the bottom of the door" I was told!!
Hummingbird ..Looks like he is giving the raspberry ...that's what I decided to do!!
Disappointed I left ..it took a few days before I started thinking I have to be my own advocate, so I found that this company had a Facebook page, and I dumped my whole story on there for the whole world to see, and had an answer without 2 hours to email them my information...etc.!
Confrontation!!
A week went by no answer ...so I went to them with a face to face "you need to do something now"!
Finally got them moving, up until this morning when the carpenter called that they wouldn't be here today, something about a item he needed, that he didn't have yet...sure!!
This has been going on back and forth for 7 weeks now !!!
Still in limbo mode !!
i can feel your stomach in knots from here. don't give up or give in. they need to make it right.
ReplyDeletei loved your photos. the frogs made me laugh! so cute!
First of all, your photos are amazing! I love your bashful angel.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about he troubles you'r having but you're just going to stay tough and get them to do their job! *hugs*
You sure you are not living in an arab country. sounds to me you live with that bunch that use Taqiyya as a means to justify lies. and one reason I left Egypt, I could not stand anymore does your head in if you let it.
ReplyDeletehere is a page on ,http://www.islam-watch.org/Warner/Taqiyya-Islamic-Principle-Lying-for-Allah.htm Reading some of it makes my day. other parts makes me feel sorry for those who get caught in this vile sect.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteps. love this posts mix of photos, do you mix your nasturtium
ReplyDeletewith salad, love the leaves they look like the lord has been at work with magnolia paint,
Grace, I am so sorry about your door problem. You could use my hubby there. He would drive the company nuts until they fixed the door. I would not give in or give up. On the brighter side I love all your photos, gorgeous nature scenes. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteMe I hate confrontation gracie... Some of my friends put me to shame with their feisty don't dick with me attitude when things don't go to plan. However you know that their work is not up to scratch and your gentle nature fights against causing a stink... It won't be easy but keep at em and you will feel really satisfied afterwards if you get it put right and to your expectations. They are there to provide you with a level of service. xxx
ReplyDeleteBTW that header nasturtium is to die for
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeletePlease don't give in ... you paid to have the work done properly .. so keep chasing them.
Lovely series of photos .. I love the Bashful Angel.
Lovely photos ! It ticks me off cause if they were dealing with a man they would be there pronto to get the job done but nooo cause your a women they think they can pull the wool over your eyes ! I would go to the top of the company and strip them up one side and down the other till they got it done right ! I used to be like you years ago but since I worked for retail that had long since gone ! Stand your ground you are the paying customer ! Hope they get on it for you !
ReplyDeleteP.S Wish we lived closer I could send Papa there to do it right for you, he is fantastic at these things . Then he would give them heck for you !
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel my mom is the same way she hates to confront an issue...ME Im what you call a straight shooter..I tell it like it is and if somebody gets bent too bad! Just tell him to FIX it or YOU want a refund..that should do it!
ReplyDeleteLovely PHOTOS I especially love the hummingbird and butterfly together..so cool.
Vigilance my dear, stay on them. Bug them every day, until the job is done right. Love your photos!!
ReplyDeleteGo for it Grace, if nothing happens within a day or two, bug then on Facebook with an update. I bet that will get them into gear.
ReplyDeleteThings are much better here now, I'm just snowed under with family and other things.
Lots of good suggestions from other commenters, Grace. I agree with several of them in that you should again try to confront any high-ups in this company. Another thought is the better business bureau or consumer advocate if there are such agencies available. It is NOT right to pay good money for something and then not to have it done as specified. Please do keep us informed as to the next chapter in this saga. Of course, the frogs were my favorite photo today...got any penguins in that pond?
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa...those frogs make me laugh to , I love to watch them!!
ReplyDeleteJill thank you and for the hug...I love my Angel.. I am very careful with her when I move her, she is very heavy!
WAW thanks you make me laugh, which is good!! Yes I do eat the nasturtium flowers in salads!
Thanks Eileen ..It would be handy to have a handy man : }}!
Thanks Deb...I knew we had something in common : }...Glad you like my header, they are a beautiful flower!
Thanks Frank...Will do !!
Thanks Elaine...Your Papa would be able to do that job for me I'm sure
: }!
Thanks Sondra...LOL..I need a friend like you here to tell them off : }!
Thank you Muffy ..will do!! : }
Thanks Arija... glad things
are better on your end : }!!
Thanks so much B..I found the Facebook thing works good : }!
Will get out updates...no penguins, but there are goldfish! lol!
They are the same the world over. Get back on face book and see if they belong to a trade organisation. Take some photos. Give them hell. Every day!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, You need to stand up to those workmen and demand that they do the job that your paying them to do!!
ReplyDeleteI bet it would be a different story if you short changed them on the money!....Puff yourself up, stand tall(?) be brave and give 'em what for!!
Great set of images that compliment your words and mood well Grace.
Good luck!...[;o)
Hey GG, think to yourself, if I,m paying then I,m saying. Don't pay for job until its done to your satisfaction. Don't be afraid to tell them like it is. The customer is always right. Remember, your the Boss Lady.
ReplyDeleteI can totally understand your feelings. I would rather take the blame myself and try to work around the problem than to go back and complain. I do hope you get that fixed and soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian for that boost of confidence.. : }
ReplyDeleteThanks Trevor...I need all the go get um girl I can get : }
Thanks Roy..I like that, good words to remember!!
I would rather be the Boss Lady then a bitchy women..sounds
good ; }!!
Thanks Ruth ..you know what I am saying ..being a women alone makes it hard doesn't it!!
Hi Grammie,
ReplyDeleteI'm like you ... I'd suck it up and suffer the wrong rather than complain or fight. I just don't use those people ever again and tell everyone I know not to use them.
Lovely pics to go along with the commentary.
Always frustrating to deal with a company that is non-responsive. I finally got the oven on my new range fixed after several months of dealing with a yo-yo who kept putting me off. It was under warranty, and I finally called the company and got a different repair service to fix it. They were prompt and very professional. I hate dealing with that kind of stuff, but sometimes you have to be aggressive to get the problem resolved.
ReplyDeleteI love your series of photos, especially all those cute little frogs!
what a pain in the....
ReplyDeletei guess FB can be good for MORE than just letting people know what you're having for lunch, that you're bogged down in traffic, what time you'll be home, blah blah blah!
hopefully you'll get them out there pronto!!
and i DO love your pictures...ESPECIALLY all those little froggies!! CUTE!!!!
and that 2nd dragonfly!! wow!!
hang in there....and have a good weekend grace!!
Beautiful photos. I hate it when a company doesn't do a job right and don't hesitate to confront them. I recently sent a letter to the CEO of a major company that wronged me, and actually got results! Good luck with your door.
ReplyDeleteHey Bashful Angel give them hell until they do it properly and tell them if they don't do it pronto Phil will come over from the UK and sort them out. Thanks for the bird but you didn't tell me what it is - a Song Sparrow? If so make sure it pipes up "Don't mess with me" when those bad guys come knocking on your half-finshed door.
ReplyDeleteDon't let the f#@*54S get you down.
ReplyDeleteI know it's difficult, but stick to your guns. Hound them, harrass them, threaten to report them to the better business bureau.......beautiful pictures, by the way! Love the frogs!
ReplyDeleteoh grammie, i can really feel your pain!!
ReplyDeletealways remember that the squeaky wheel gets the greese....be nice, be firm and be rentless!!!
awesome images today, love that hummingbird!!
* relentless
ReplyDeletebeing "rentless" wouldn't help!!
ReplyDeleteI always come here for a smile. Your photos are always so uplifting :) Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeletep.s. and I hope you get all that sorted out. It can be so frustrating I know.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're getting too much crap from these 'workmen' Grace. Tell 'em a hairy bugger from across the pond will sort them out if they don't do something quick.
ReplyDeleteHope things get sorted soon.
i have a little extra joy today, so i am sending some your way!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you had to deal with all of this. How frustrating and stressful! Being on your own must be very hard at times like this. I'm not good at confrontation either. I love your bashful angel....I feel like that often! And the little white butterfly on the hydrangea is so pretty. All those little frogs! Wow...so cute! I'm glad to know that the door is finally fixed and hope the headache is over now, too.
ReplyDeleteThe frogs peeping among the lotus pads make a lovely picture..
ReplyDelete