What do you know; I did survive the[Major] new years storm. Didn't fill bottles of water or the bath tub.Yes there was food in the cupboard and freezer so thank God I didn't have to get trampled at the grocery store! I decided after the weather man kept harping on about the danger of a power outages I would fill the oil lamp and make sure the battery for the flashlight was charged heavens knows I might just decide to read a full length novel {not}.
I am one of the lucky ones to have a wood stove to keep warm and gas range to cook with. Plenty of warm clothes available and snowshoes hanging in the garage in case I had to get myself out of here that is if I didnt lose my life trying to make that 15ft. to the garage!!!!!!!!!
It's monday morning Jan.4th; and all seems well. The roads have been plowed and also my driveway.Freedom!!!! The sun is shining through the sliding glass doors across the living room floor. My cat Mandy is busy grooming herself in the warm sunshine. My coffee is in hand as I rock in my favorite glider for a bit. Time to get moving routine goes on . My other cat Mona is is just waiting for me to say " lets go brush the kitty" and of she goes to the bathroom counter. If I don't brush her she would bug me until I did. I wonder who made her like that???
Time to get dressed and get some shoveling done . WHAT where did that darn sun go. I think I had better check the weather for today ,who knows that storm might be making a turn back on us.
This is my Mona !! She is my 18yr old baby!!
This is my Mandy! She is my 4yr old adopted baby!!
No comments:
Post a Comment