Saturday, January 2, 2010

"THE BEST OF CHRISTMAS PAST"

  Seven days after Christmas, New year's is upon us and I havrn't finished up Christmas yet! The best of my Christmas was spent with my daughter and my loving, kind, wildman, eight year old grandson!! It was just the three of us so we didn't get into cooking a big meal and all ,but we did have a spread of goodies and spent our time grazing. The grandson was on his best behaviour christmas eve day ,had a list that he and  mom had put together of things for him to do "clean your room and the like" and was eager to cross of each one.  Christmas eve the traditional cookies for Santa was set out,and some mix of oatmeal and glitter dust was spread out on the snow "from what I undertand " was so the reindeer could find where he lives???Of to bed he goes and much to our surprise he is out like a light.Mrs. Santa and grammie go right to work wrapping  and stuffing and of to bed for us to. I'm bedded down on the couch in the living room , all is quite and I'm of to sleep. I"m awakened but the sound of shuffling feet,"not is not Santa". Its the grandson making his way to the kitchen . Suddenly there he is with a flash light checking out thing under the tree. It was all I could do to contain myself Iwanted so bad to burst out laughing ! Then he goes of to announce to his mother
'much to her  delight"!! that Santa had been here. The next thing I heard was do you realize it is one o'clock in the morning your going back to bed!!  "WHEW"!!!!!!!!!!! What it is morning already! Not until I have my coffee I hear my daughter chime. It's the big day and He is so excited ,but He is gracious and see to it that we get to open gifts between opening his. ""So dog gone cute that grandson of mine"" He very pleased with his haul and  got right to work putting a lego kit together. While his little hands are working away right out
of the blue he says Grammie I kissed you on the cheek before I went back to bed last night. BE STILL MY HEARTSTRINGS. This is the best of Christmas!!

"Wonderment!
For Santa!!

Speachless!!!!


She loves the little guy!!!!  Merry Christmas!!!
                                                

1 comment:

  1. aaww what a beautiful post ,and bless his heart ,children are such a joy and gift :-) and what a Handsome young man !

    ReplyDelete