Tuesday, December 2, 2014

~~~~Can I get my act together"?~~~~

Well I believe it is about time that I get my act together, and get back to blogging!!
Where have I been , and what have I been doing " hmmm "  in my own little world, doing my own thing!!

My health issue with my throat back in August had a good outcome,but it has taken me awhile to get my energy level back after losing 10 pounds!!   Now losing weight was a good thing, but losing that much in a week left me feeling pretty tired!!
My apologies to all, and especially those who contacted me wondering if I was okay !

I can't believe today was the first day of December, like how did we get here!
Hows that phrase go "time and tide waits for no man"  now isn't that the truth.
I guess the Rolling Stones didn't realize that when they sang 'time is on my side " yes it is"  : ) .

I am going to start out with some recent photo's.   I want to go back to the fall month's too, in the some future post.



Snowstorm  the day 
 before Thanksgiving  11/26/14...UGH!!


House Finch
 checking out the new feeder during the storm!!


White Breasted Nuthatch enjoying the new feeder.



Thanksgiving morning, 14 inches of snow, bright blue skies, and cold!!


Only the fourth time since 1900 that records have
been kept that there was this much snow fall during a storm in November! 

Snow has been melting away.   Today was very nice, 50 above in my area, and
I took a walk wearing a hooded sweatshirt, whereas 2 days I didn't step 
out the door it was so darn cold !


30 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better Grace. Good to see you posting again. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your feeling better and good to see you back in blog land . Lovely photos . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Floridian says, brrrrr. But its pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good that you are out walking GG. I guess the snow shoes will soon get used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well grace so pleased to know that you are okay... Have been wondering what had happened.

    Too much snow for me......not a lover of the white stuff, although your images are very pretty.
    Love the little Nuthatch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl ...so sorry haven't been in touch. : )

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Jean .. sure has been an early start to winter hasn't it . I'm no liking it!

      Delete
  8. Hi Grace....Welcome back to blogland. Glad to hear that you're getting back to 'normal'?!!
    Looking forward, once you've thawed out of course, to seeing more of your lovely photos and posts...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is good ot see you posting again!! Hope you're all better now! WOW that is some snow---its lovely for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sondra... it is to early for this white crap!!

      Delete
  10. That snow creates some problems,but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back - Kelley thought the snow was great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John.... I bet she did, some dogs just love it especially labs! Looks like we are off to an early start. Hope you can still walk the trails!!

      Delete
  12. Grammie, Grammie, Grammie, you sure had us worried. Glad to see you back. You know I love Winter and your pictures look great. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  13. John John John, yes I know so sorry !!! : ) Yes I know you love winter if you didn't you would not be in Alaska . Thanks for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Grace, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.. Your snow and winter scenes are beautiful. Gorgeous images, so happy you are back blogging..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back Grace! Glad to see you are OK; I have to say I was starting to wonder where you were... :)
    Lovely snow pictures. We did have some snow about the same time but not that much. It has also melted but we had about 3 to 4 inches a few days ago and this time, it stayed.
    Your new feeder looks lovely!
    Have a great weekend, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see the winter has come, great pictures!!

    Ottar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to see a new blogpost up, Grace! I'm glad you are feeling better! I hope the birds treat you well this winter! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Grace it's lovely to hear you are OK and blogging again... missed you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been missed, Grace, and nice to find these beautiful wintry photos and bird shots. We had no snow onThanksgiving when we were visiting family & friends in NJ.

    ReplyDelete