Dull, dreary, freezing rain, rain, and more rain. No sun until maybe Sunday, so staying inside has been the norm for this week .
Trying to get some Christmas decorating done, but not really in the mood so watching the birds is more interesting.
Here are some through the window shot's of the Northern Flicker that has been coming for the suet . He really is liking these chucks of beef suet I put out .
And he is off!!
If these are through the window,they are amazing. Your windows must be a lot cleaner than mine. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth.... your to cute : )
DeleteHi grammie, sure hope your weather gets better for you. Great photo of the bird. Glad to see ya back.
ReplyDeleteThanks John... It is raining a pour right now Grrrrr. I'd rather it be snow at this point!
DeleteHello Grammie, pretty series on the Flicker.. I have never seen them at my feeders, you are the lucky one! Have a happy day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen... They come to the suet a lot . I think it is because they like the pure beef suet not the cakes with the seeds in them! I get the beef suet in chunks at a small local grocery store .
DeleteGreat shots of this lovely bird. Must go and clean my windows!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret : )
DeleteGreat to see a bird like this through the window and you got some really nice shots GG.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy.... they are real beautiful . Love having them around!
Deletehmmm...does the suet turn off the squirrels by any chance?
ReplyDeleteThanks .. this is plain suet right from the cow : ) ,and the squirrels don't like it! The suet cakes have seeds so the squirrels like those !
DeleteHi Grace, that's a cracking bird to have visit your feeders...you got some great shots too.
ReplyDeleteFar more interesting than Christmas decorations!!...[;o)
Thanks Trevor... : )
DeleteWonderful photos ! I hear you on the getting into the Christmas decorating I can seem to either . Oh our Northern Flickers have never come to the feeders they always stay on the ground and they have migrated now to ! I love watching our birdies ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good rest of the week !
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine... : )
DeleteThese are fabulous shots!
ReplyDeleteThanks Angie... : )
DeletePretty bird- Kelley and I are tired of this crummy weather too.
ReplyDeleteThanks John... : )
DeleteSuch a beautiful bird...love the photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks Janet... : )
DeleteGrace, I am stuck inside as well due to the weather and a bum knee, but I did venture outside for the first time this morning to fill a couple of feeders. It felt good to be outside. Where so you get the suet? I want to try it at my house. I love flickers! Nice set of photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathie.... I'll call you about the suet. I get it at a local grocery store! Glad you are getting outside a bit. : )
DeleteI tried the suet you gave me. the birds loved it, but it is all gone now! I need to buy some more! When do we get to see a new blogpost? ;-) I'm waiting...
DeleteYou got the Yellow Shaft! Great through the window shots Grace wouldn't have know it if you hadn't said it was...cold here today BRRR
ReplyDeleteThanks Sondra... : )
ReplyDeleteYou DO have a very coean window, Grace and the feeder must be very near to getbsuch great shots of this hungry fellow.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Grace, loved the photo of Mr. flicker. I haven't seen one in a long time. Have a great day :)
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteThose are nice shots of this flicker. Is this bird in your area for all winter? Here, we won't see them 'till next spring!
I know rain is not the perfect weather to decorate for Christmas but keep in mind that Christmas won't wait... ; )
Have a wonderful week,
Louise
Hiya Grace.
ReplyDeleteHope you're all back to normal now, and feeling better.
I've not been on blogger much myself. Can't seem to get the enthusiasm up. lol
Hope all is well with you up north! We are thinking of you and hoping winter is great!
ReplyDelete