Monday, August 11, 2014

~~~"Swallowing"~~~

Due to circumstances beyond my control I fell of the wagon "yet again"!!
This time I was whisked of by ambulance to the local hospital with a severe pain in my upper back !
After a day in the emergency room, it finally came down to emergency surgery in the Endoscopy unit!  For some reason I have a  deep sore of some sort in my esophagus that was inflamed and contained food particles !!
  To much inflammation so couldn't do anything, but put me on medication,soft foods only diet and drink plenty of water to settle the monster down, so the pain eased of and is at bay thank goodness!

Now I am scheduled for Aug 25 to do this procedure again, and hopefully fix it!!
"No more sword swallowing  practice for me"!!

So I am finally able to sit at my computer, for awhile instead of jumping in here and there for a few minutes at a time!

I was thinking since I started out on this subject it would be a good time to do some Swallowing, as in Tree Swallows that is !! "Sorry couldn't help that": ) !

I had 6 of my nest boxes with Tree Swallows nesting in them!!
Most had a good fledgling count, and this is one of them from July 11!!


 This was a busy box in which 6 hungry little mouths where constantly being feed!! 


"Well maybe not so little a mouth" 




Very demanding mouth's!!








"Screaming mouth's"





Full, and content for the moment!!

Well I won't turn down just one more!!



34 comments:

  1. Love those little demanding faces! Great series. Take care of yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi grammie, great photos, very entertaining. Ok now, haven't you read enough of my posts where I am falling off something all the time? Take a hint, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John... I"ll try to be have, I get the hint !! : )

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that you are not well.Hope this can be resolved quickly.I love the Swallow shots.Those little ones are so cute with that bright yellow mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous captures! Sorry to hear that you are unwell and wishing you a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better ! I know how that goes. But your tree swallows are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, the swallow kids are adorable and demanding devils! :) sorry about your pain and scare! i hope they can fix it for good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang Grace hope that heals well and its soon just past history! Great action of the mom feeding...BOY talk about angry birds that "screaming mouth" is scary!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sondra... We sure are having our share of health issue aren't we : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous Grace to see the baby birds prospering; a great photo opportunity; the first one is a treat! Take care of you now; sorry to hear you've been battling uphill for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grace...sorry to hear that you've not been well, I hope it's not too long before you get it sorted and you're soon well enough to jump back up onto that wagon?
    Great sequence of Swallow images, especially the 'screaming mouth' one.
    Get well soon...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor... Ya those little guys get very demanding , poor parents!!

      Delete
  11. Well, glad to see you are fine Grace. Your Swallows shots are great; the youngs are little beauties. The work of their parents is incredible, they have no breaktime...
    Keep on providing us of your discoveries around your home, I love it!
    Have a nice day and take care!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace! Oh my word! I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill! It's nice to see you approach it all with a sense of humor and these photos are just great! I hope you will be on the mend soon! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie... Been wanting to call but things get crazy!! : )

      Delete
  13. Hope your feeling better, love the screaming shot.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! We so hope you are healing quickly. That sounds awful! Your bird pictures are so beautiful - as usual. We hope the end of summer is blissful for you! It's so cool here we are looking forward to evening campfires outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you two.... campfire sound lovely!! : )

      Delete
  15. Wonderful swallow photos! How neat to get to watch a family like this. I'm sorry about your health woes. Mike's dad has a similar problem.....he has a pouch on his esophagus that catches the food. Unfortunately, he is too old to operate on it. I hope your problem gets sorted out and you have no more problems with it. Praying for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary .... appreciate your concern...I'll try to get a email off to you !! : )

      Delete
  16. Sorry to hear you haven't been well, and hopefully you'll get the problem all fixed with the next surgery. Not a good way to spend your summer at all! I love your swallow shots--those screaming mouths are enough to cause fear in any mother!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photo post, Grace, with the subject being rather appropriate to your circumstances. Thanks so much for the email updates as well. We are glad you are feeling better and keeping you in our thoughts for the upcoming procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are great photos Grace but I am so sorry to hear about your health problem. Must have been scary and I am glad they found out what the problem was so that it can be fixed. Take good care of yourself, you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been away and missed this post. So sorry that you've bee ill. Pain in the upper back - who'd have thought it would be esophoglial? Here's to a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete