Trying to break away from the perfectionist that played a big role in my life for so many years has not been easy ...a weedless garden, a golf course groomed lawn and etc. The exceptionally tidy home...and oh my don't make a mess or move something " that lamp it is exactly in the right position" , but I have come a long way !! Now my take on it is "did you come to visit me..or see my dust... or weedy garden!!
That will all be here tomorrow ..but I may not be!!
Done going off ...want to share some photos with you !
Tree Swallows cozy nest!!
Home Sweet Home!!
The Lilac's bloomed a couple of weeks back ,but I didn't post any.
These are just a few of my favorite hybrid....I have and love the white
and purple old fashioned ones too, that are the best !!
This is just one of the many Tree Toads who try to
camouflage themselves , but I found him . They are so loud when they
screech back and forth to each other
and if you can follow that noise quietly you may be able to see them!!
I think this one didn't realize that the green was a dead giveaway!!
One after another, these are very beautiful pictures. To be relaxed and not feel scrutinized by others or oneself...that is a good thing to learn for anyone. Thanks for your post!
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers. Love the little toad fellow, too. :)
ReplyDeleteIt all looks fairly "Tidy Tim" to me Grace, and I can see that well mown lawn peeking from behind those colourful flowers. But you are right, life is too short to worry about a few weeds and unkempt corners. And anyway what are weeds but wild flowers and plants and the experts tell us that wild creatures prefer a bit of wilderness. So I'm with you and I just told Sue I ain't gonna cut the grass today cos Grammie G said I don't have to.
ReplyDeleteI know I've said this so many times already, but I'm going to say it again: you take exceptional photos. Love the "hidden" tree frog and the nestful of eggs. Weren't the irises especially beautiful this year? I guess they appreciated all the rain in May. My bluebirds are still here. I told Ken this morning that I see they're still "ordering out."
ReplyDeleteMy mum is a tidy person freak, everything has its place. Where did I go wrong.... I'm erm well pretty 'untidy' and this would be polite.;-)Each to their own I say, sometimes after a good clean up the karma feels much better I have to say. Nice pics lady....
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all the beauty around you.Who cares about a few weeds or some dust.Somewhere I heard that dust is a protective coating on your furniture.WOW,mine is fairly well protected,most of the time.LOL
ReplyDeleteBeautiful show of flowers and thats a cute nest box GG.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos ! I hear you ! I used to be like that as well but I find the older I am getting the less I care what people think . My mum was the same, I guess thats who I got it from ! Hey theres alot of life to live out there and enjoy and keeping perfect house and gardens arent part of the deal , LIVE A LITTLE GIRL ! Have a great day !
ReplyDeleteTo Captin Shagrat ! I say the same each to his own ! HMM Brits say frases like that ! How did I know hehe !
ReplyDeleteSeasons...thank you so very much!!
ReplyDeleteDaily seems the only way to handle just the same. : }
HI Lois ...thanks...hope the trip is going well!!
Hey Phil...your do get me laughing...you are a real funny guy......And Deb that's not exactly what I said... lol
HI Jean...you are so sweet thank you!!
All 5 of my baby bluebirds fledged the first of the week sometime and I missed it. I was hoping to see them.
Hi Debbie...thank you lady...
Hope your doing ok!!
Hi Ruth...that's a good one...great protection as long as somebody doesn't write dust me in it. lol.....Thanks!!
Hey Roy...thanks you so much...about the nest box ...I made that myself!!
YOUR Iris Bed is beautiful!! Such a great variety--well done...All the plants are awesome looking!
ReplyDeleteThat is one cozy nest hope you get to watch the babes as they grow up Ive got a carolina wren nesting in one of the flower pots on the deck..She is quite skittish so Im hoping to get some shots of the feeding once they hatch!!
HOPE it warms up for you..Dang here its HOT AS *&^%
HI Elaine...thanks girl...We say each to his own here tolol
ReplyDeleteHi Sondra...thanks for the boost of confidence!!
I just had someone say the have a Wren in there garage who made a nest on top of the car wash brush ...flower pot huh crazy birds!!
Here they build in a nest box but they are not carolina Wrens!!
That's pretty hot by the way!!lol
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteFirstly, it was so lovely to see your comment on my blog. I have missed your visits....
Secondly, would you like me to send you some borage seeds in the autumn?? It would be a pleasure.
Thirdly, I used to be the same.....perfectionist, in every way. Then something serious happened in my life, and I saw things more clearly. I am me now and very happy.....
And finally, You have so many beautiful blooms in your garden. It must look stunning.
I love the tree swallow nest, so very pretty....
Have a good week my friend.....
These are FANTASTIC captures!! And did you realize that you caught a hummingbird moth in one of your shots? (right after the tree swallows cozy nest) I'm pretty sure that is a hummingbird moth.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely colourful photos!
ReplyDeleteI too like the nest box, how clever you were to make it yourself!!
I also love that Tree Swallow nest, it does indeed look cosy :)
Hi Cheryl...yes I was so happy!!
ReplyDeleteI would be tickled to death to have you send me some borage seeds from your garden...they would be super special!!
Thanks so very much my friend...
Happy days for you....
Hi Kerri..That is a big fat Bumble Bee!! I took a photo just before that one of it in the rose, but decided to use this one!!
ReplyDeleteI am on the lookout for the H. moth....we should be seeing them here soon!!
I appreciate your comment so very much ...thank you!!
Hi "Jan"..is that right???
ReplyDeleteThe Tree swallows are lucky because I have neighbor who have chickens and they found some lovely feathers lol
The nest box used to have a little garden of Hollyhocks and Delphiumns
I painted on the front at the bottom,but has since faded away!!
Thanks for coming by and your lovely comment!!
Yes, indeed, spot on! It is Jan... Now I wonder how you knew that... ;)
ReplyDeleteGrammie G, I know what you mean about the work required for any type of garden, flowers or veggie. I agree that life is too short to strive for perfection, cause it leaves less time for enjoyment. Your poppies and irises are lovely. Thanks for the garden tour.
ReplyDeleteHi Beatrice...Thank you ...my pleasure to share!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jan...hahha!!
Fantastic post. Just reminds you what are the most important things in life. Throw a grandkid in the truck and head off looking for birds or pick strawberrys in the garden and eat them right there. They will never forget who you are when you do those things.
ReplyDeleteHI Bill...awhhhh sounds great...and so true!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by!!
...wow, Grammi! You have beautiful flowers in your garden. The poppies are gorgeous, and I love the nest of eggs...they look warm in those feathers. (So much work goes into a garden...it's worth it, but my garden sometimes has as many weeds as flowers!)
ReplyDelete