As I do every morning I was heading straight to the coffee pot and as I passed by the sliding glass door some movement in the field in back caught my eye....there was a white tailed deer roaming around and into the woods it went !! Was nice because I had not actually seen any but knew they where out at night because they had been munching on some of my plants....so I get my coffee and head for my favorite rocker.."".holy cow''.. there are 3 in my back yard....all young buck"spike horns" acting like a group of teenagers looking to get into some mischief!! Yes ....there they are eating something in the outer garden ...buggers!!! Of course by now I have the camera at the window and got some picture through the window .....I must say even if there are being mischievous they are handsome!!!
They love something growing here!!!
The garden here is what I call my rustic garden!!! The wreath on the post is barbed wire . I found it just that way in a out farm dump in the back woods!! The deer come in here to!!
""Lets get out of here before that lady comes out and chases us off""
Well thats the beginning of my day !!
Have a good one !!!




Oh what a beautiful sight to see! Of course if they would just eat the grass so one wouldn't have to mow...instead of precious flowers!
ReplyDeleteYou got such beautiful shots of those deer, really. But I hate that they eat my precious flowers and vegetable plants!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You are way better than I am at having the camera handy when you need it : )
ReplyDeleteDestructive, but so pretty! Lovely images. :)
ReplyDeleteYour landscaping is a beautiful setting for those deer. There's plenty for them to eat during the summer, so maybe they'll only nibble your flowers. Hey, isn't it about time those raccoons came out of the tree?
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryl...yes if they would eat only the grass or the weeds in my garden now that would be good!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean....I was so excited its a wonder I remembered to turn the camera on!! I heard of two ways to keep deer out of the garden...one is to hang a bar of soap...the other is to put hair clippings in the garden ...do you know a barber?? :}
Thanks Jeanie...well You know me its a wonder I didn't fall through the window!!:}
Thanks Lois...welcome aboard!!
Hey Steve "Yah", I forgot to blog that in about the raccoons..they left the tree about 2 weeks ago!! Checked one day and they where gone!! About the deer thanks...if they would eat just weeds!! :}
They seem to be having a lovely time froliking in your garden :-) Great shots!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a beautiful beginning of a day!! I'd love to get that, but not sure it is gonna happen... Beautiful garden you got and very nice captures of the visitors ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Mary...yes do seem to be don't they!!
ReplyDeleteHi Chris...it will happen ..your day will come!! Thanks for the compliments!! I do enjoy my gardening and even the visitors!!!
Hi Bird Girl...how about that!!! For sure the blood was-a-pumping...that will probably not happen again!!!
They are stunning. Your photography shows them beautifully. I have a bit of a soft spot for deer........BUT then they do not frequent my garden.
ReplyDeleteI love your landscaping BTW, very pretty......
We have deer all around our place too. Last week a baby was on our patio about 6 feet from the door. The mom was out in the woods somewhere. Thanks for coming by my blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryl...like your new blogspot....thanks for stopping by!!
ReplyDeleteCarrie P.......What an interesting thing to have it on your patio!!! They come right to the house but only a night!!! Thanks for coming by!!!
I would give most anything to have deer here but in town, and now with a 6 foot tall board fence, they would probably not jump in. They used to stop and eat something I had growing but then more and more houses were built and they must have moved father out. I never see one in town anymore. I answered you comment on my post about taking a bath. Here is what I said
ReplyDeleteReply to grammie g....
I just asked my sister who is 88, what it was they used to wash their hair in. I knew vinegar was involved. She told me they used whatever kind of soap we had at the time -- almost always it was lye soap mother made. To rinse, adults used a little water but a lot of vinegar was poured in wash basin and dumped over your head. She said they used half vinegar and half water for little kids. She said, "Vinegar really cuts the grease in you hair and on your head."
Beautiful! Love your garden, the visitors, the barb-wired wreath and the bentwood trellis's. I thought Mandy and Mona were pretty cute too. :)
ReplyDeleteMust be great to look out of your window in the mornings and see deer. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteThanks Abe for stopping and you comments!!! Where the lod simpler....but then we would not have been able to comunicate..: }
ReplyDeleteThanks Jodi for comimg aboard!!! Thanks to for your kind comments!!
Hi Roy....Thanks...I love it here...but been enjoying your trip to!!! I have no cows ..but close!! ; }
GG, lovely shots of the cloven hooved rats in your garden. No, seriously the photos show them at their very best, in a natural state. They look delicate and graceful. I love your bramble arbors, too. Your place looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention that the banner shot you have is great, too. Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteHey Robin...just noticed your comments...cloven hooved rats ...that is a roit!!! You sure come up with some good ones!!!Thanks....Ps I make all my arbors...pat-pat-pat.. ; }
ReplyDelete