Sunday, June 13, 2010

""QUEEN OF CLEMATIS""!! ??


 When I saw a clematis for the first time I just knew I had to have one of those plants!!!  Well  now I really can't say how many I have for sure!!!    I believe I have  about twelve or more different ones I have purchased over the years.   They make such a beatuiful display!!  Some of them are 4 to 6 inches wide--just amazing!!! 


Pink Champange!!

Madame Le Coultre' and below up close!!



Chevalier (purple)  Henryi' (white)  On same trellies--both below up close!!





Dr. Ruppel  on trellis and up close  below!!



"Westerplatte" peeking through  the sweet perfume of this old fashoned rose!!!
Duchess of Edinburgh

Warsaw Nike

This is one of my seedling finds a few years back growing profusely and taking over the climbing rose growing there!!  Close up below!!

 

 I have Nelly Mosher that has bloomed and gone by and  Jackmani' and Josephine that have not bloomed yet because they are a later variety!!  I have about twelve that I have found growing from seed over the years that I find a place to fit them in on one trellis or the other that blossom in colors that surprise me because of the throw back to the parent plant!!!   Oh ya there is also two more I stuck in around my grape arbor this spring!!!   Some people have a hard time with growing clematis and they do have there issues!!!  Wilt- rust -black spot -etc.but they always seem to recover!!!    I really want a red one which probably will be my next and last purchased one since I am running out of room !!!! There are so many varieties I will never be the "QUEEN Of CLEMATIS"!!!  Sigh :{



9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous yard you have with all of the beautiful flowers. I really like the header photo, its so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean!! I will settle for that!!

    Thanks Cheryl!! I do love gardening but at 66 it is getting to be harder to keep up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. I love the deep red ones.. I have only two varieties.. you are one lucky woman!! I can't believe you have so many different kinds.. I want an invitation to come by and see your beautiful garden :) .. Have a great day! Are you going to church on Friday for the 50 and over get together??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post with nice pictures. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey... You have and open invitation to see my gardens and while your here you can pull a few weeds!! :} I am not sure about Friday yet !!!

    Hi Chris....Thanks for you kind comment!!.. That means alot coming from the one who has those great photos and does such great posts!! ;}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..wow! I've always wanted to get one of these and never seem to do so. Your photos make me want to go out and get a dozen! Wonderful...I just love how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You are the Queen! Your clematis are just gorgeous. My mom has one on her lamp post and it's beautiful. I want to put one near my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen such beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete