Wednesday, April 2, 2014

~~~The Brown Creeper~~~



While on one of my recent walks, with my eyes focused on a hawk  , I could hear from behind me the slight sound of tree bark rustling , and a vocal sound that I can't describe,but you just know it is one of the three, White or Rusty Breasted  Nuthatch , hopefully " Brown Creeper" ???

Then it is the quick eye movement you need to spot what turned out to be the Brown Creeper !!

He makes his way in quick movements in his search for insect's under loose bark of the tree, while I am trying to keep track of him and get a decent shot without a small twig in the way of focus!!

I don't see a Brown Creeper very often and never this close!!

The sun was not at the best position casting some shading, but here is the results!!




























37 comments:

  1. Grace you got it. We have them here and they always dodge around the tree. You struck gold today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian...busy little guys they are ! : )

      Delete
  2. A cute little bird! His tail seems long for that tiny body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen ....yes it is long ....it may be used to help it hang onto the tree??

      Delete
  3. What a great camouflage he's wearing, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean.... they sure are hard to spot!! : )

      Delete
  4. oh, how very cool! these are great shots! what a cute little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have the patience to catch that shot. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic shots GG, I have never got one this good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy,... your photo's are always good, , so that's a real compliment : )

      Delete
  7. Cool sighting and wonderful shots of the Creeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen ... I'll get by to see you post's soon!!

      Delete
  8. lovely to see Grace; how exciting, you did capture it well. I might imagine it shifts about quite quickly too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole... I do get excited, I feel like it is a pleasure to see such birds!! : )

      Delete
  9. We love those little birds so much! We hope you are well and are enjoying spring. :) jennifer & steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J&S..... better yes thanks for asking!! : )

      Delete
  10. Great pix! Such a neat bird to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the creeper crept along for you, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great captures Grace, I have never seen this bird!! And I must add that I just love the colors and patterns in the bark of the tree!!

    I get distracted!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great pictures of this little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grace...Well honed hearing you've got there? You managed to get some super images of this 'busy' little bird ...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Trevor....ya thinks are looking up!! : )

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...good one Grace!! I've been trying to make my wrens into creepers all week, I've yet to see one IN My yard, love the detail you got on his feather patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sondra... I have only seen then a couple of times ...real sneaky little guys!! : )

      Delete
  17. We have those pesky little creatures over here too Grace - Treecreepers. I call them pesky because here they hard to get close to, in fact I haven't got any pictures, or only in the hand. Yes they poop sometimes but only little poops.

    And here's me thinking you'd gone missing in a snow drift somewhere in Maine but here you are after all turning up like the proverbial.

    Hey did anyone April Fool you?

    Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really good shots Grace....pretty little bird and very similar to our tree creeper, one of my favourite birds.

    Enjoy your weekend and hope the sun is shining for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pictures of the little fast Treecreeper, liked the whole series.

    Ottar

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grace, I just love this little bird and I think I had one come through my yard around the same time! They always like to hide in the shade, don't they! Little buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely! I don't see these often and never get this good of shots.

    ReplyDelete