In spite of news reports over the last few weeks declaring ""Monster Heat wave hits New England States""...."".The Heat Miser..."" has not got me yet (Close though)!! : } "" Ideal Condition "... causing ....clouds of green algae... and ...stringy gooey gelatinous masses ....showing up in ponds and lakes across Maine!!! What!!... for heaven sake....enough to send people into a panic ....I'm still here....but have had a eye on the river down the road just in case something ...""green gooey gelatinious mass""...comes crawling up out of there!!! ; }
For sure it has been very hot and hummid ....enough to make you want to find relief.....temp near 95 and on some days 100.....hummidty at 80 percent or more is "yuck"......!!
Then I say to my self how many ""weeks"out of the year do we have this kind of weather ....yes weeks and the rest is measured in months!!!
I try to remember our military men and women in Afganistan and Iraq....in full gear that deal with very hot conditions and just aren't able to leave there duty to find relief...Ya! I guess I can hack it!!
Japaneese Beetles and Earwigs are loving the heat ...working at chopping away at my garden plants ....weeds and the grass seem to be loving the hummidty... growing out of control ...I do wonder if I can hack the control the gardens and mowing and all this has on me....am I really taking time to enjoy....!!!
My Grape vine leaves being eaten by the Japaneese Beetles!!
I am happy to have taking time to take some pictures over the last weeks before all these things took place ....and plan on posting my rose gardens pictures next I took them ""thank goodness"" before the japaneese beetles got to them!!
Less hummid today so I guess I had better get to it!!!
Now that is hot Grammie. It is amazing how the media exagerate things, to make it sound like a good story. Temperatures here are around 29C (90F).....and humidity is high.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness japanese beetles have not arrived in UK. I hope they stay away.
My lovely lillies are now under attack by the red lily beetle. There is always something!!
Stay cool.....and enjoy your week....
Oh the Japanese beetles arrived here several weeks ago. I have a trap out for them and its seemingly working. I noticed the field next to my property has lots of them devouring the wild roses. Even here on the coast we have had high humidity for a couple of weeks, but as you mentioned about our soldiers, I shall have to stop complaining. It will soon enough be time to start the furnace!
ReplyDeleteThe Japanese beetles haven't been as bad here in southern Maine the past year or two. I think they've been moving farther up the state, I'm sorry to say. I hate the darned things. Years ago they reduced my burning bush to "lace" and totally destroyed my hollyhocks. The few I've had this year have pretty much stayed on the wild rose bush. They do love roses best of all!
ReplyDeleteNot quite as hot and humid over here but like Cheryl the Lily Beetles have already had a good feast! Wouldn't be right if we didn't groan about something..ha ha.
ReplyDeleteHave a good, hopefully cooler weekend. FAB.
Japanese Beetles are such a pain! I got rid of my Rose of Sharon bushes because they attracted so many of them.
ReplyDelete